Myrtletown Home PageCommunity ForumCommunity ClassifiedsBusinesses in MyrtletownWhere is Myrtletown?Free Wifi Hotspot
How to login?Close
If you have never logged in before, simply enter your name and email address and an account will be created for you with that information. Once your account is created, an email will be sent to you with further details.
Privacy PolicyClose
The email address you provide to Myrtletown.net when you register a new account will not be sold or shared with any 3rd party organization or entity. We may occasionally use your email address to send you important notices regarding the Myrtletown.net website or your account with Myrtletown.net. Your name will be visible on the Myrtletown.net web site, but your email address will always be hidden to other users and readers of the site.
Processing...
blabla
Create a New TopicClick and drag to move this box HelpClose

Bold  Italic  Underlined    Smiley    Link    Help    New blog entry.
SmilesClose
Error Close

Insert a linkClose

How to use the buttons?Close
To use the different text styles, highlight the text that you wish to make bold, italic, or underlined then click on the appropriate button. Or, click on a text style button and begin to type. When you want to return to normal text, click the button again.

Click on the smiley face to see a list of emoticons that you can insert into your message.

To insert a link, press the www button. You will be asked to type in the web address and the text you want to appear underlined. Or, just highlight the text you want to be a link and click the www button. A menu will appear for you to enter in the address.
Delete Message Close

Are you sure you want to delete this message?

Message Flagged! Close

Is Myrtletown About to Experience a Crime Wave?

Post a comment on this thread   Go back to previous page
Click to flag this message as spam, offensive, illegal, etc.
date posted: May 10, 2007 22:47:42 Reply Blog entry Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Click to see darsh's details.
Attempted burglary foiled by Myrtletown citizen--deputy sheriff warns of impending crime wave.

From our office in Myrtletown yesterday we spotted a very suspicious-looking woman hanging out on the street corner. The woman stood out because she was obviously high on meth or other hard drugs and she appeared to be trying to get a good look at our office. It was sketchy enough that we decided to record some video of this event.

That was yesterday around 4 p.m. Today at 5:20 a.m. an unknown subject attempted to break into our office by smashing out the glass on the back door.

Read the rest of this article...

I Myrtletown

date posted: May 30, 2007 11:12:57 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Our night shift technician on duty at the time immediately began yelling and making noise, which apparently scared the intruder away from the scene. He left so fast, in fact, that he forgot to take his bolt cutters!

We asked the deputy sheriff who took our report if there was currently a crime problem in Myrtletown. He explained that it doesn't seem to be any worse right now than usual, but in his experience he has seen the crime come in waves marked by break-in attempts like what happened here this morning.

I'm not saying we should all freak out and get paranoid about tweekers stealing from us, but we should definitely work together as a community to spot potential criminals like the nasty methed-up hag in the video, and call the Sheriff's office when we see them. It will also help if we make those undesirable characters feel very unwelcome in our neighborhoods. Tell them to leave, make eye contact with them so they know you see them, take photos or video of them and their vehicles.

We can stop crime before it happens if we pay attention and work together as a community!

I Myrtletown
date posted: May 30, 2007 11:13:30 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Another rather scary burglar's tactic that was explained to me this morning by the very friendly Humboldt County Sheriff's deputy who took my report, is gaining entry to a residence by using a long wire to disconnect the emergency release on an automatic garage door. The intruder then lifts the door up manually and quietly enters the house, sometimes even while the residents are home sleeping!

Drug addicts are desperate, stupid, and bold. They will enter your home while you are there, and they will take advantage of even the slightest opportunity, even if it's broad daylight! Let's start chasing these people out of our neighborhoods and taking control of our streets!

I Myrtletown
date posted: Jun 02, 2007 8:17:35 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Guess we're not the only Eureka business being targeted by burglars. The Humboldt Sentinel was burglarized just a couple weeks earlier.

I Myrtletown
date posted: Jun 02, 2007 14:32:22 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
michele
michele
Click to see michele's details.
I just read the Humboldt Sentinel Article, and it made me sick. I am really appalled at how bold the scum in Eureka are becoming. My house was burglarized in broad daylight 10 months ago, and we also have an alarm system. Nothing will stop them.

I've been in several other local businesses over the last year and have heard the same sad story time and time again: despite having an alarm system installed, the burglars get away with several hundreds (or thousands) of dollars worth of equipment and merchandise before the cops arrive. The burglars leave fingerprints and plenty of security camera footage, but suspects are rarely apprehended.

It's a shame that our town has worse burglary and theft rates than LA and even Oakland. I never imagined distinguishing between criminals with a hint of conscience and the kind that will leave no business, no family, no person - no matter how elderly or well armed - untouched. It's unbelievable.

Or maybe it's just par for the course when you live in the wild west.

Down-to-earth ways to save time, money, and the planet. The Green Baby Guide
Post a comment on this thread   Go back to previous page