Myrtletown Home PageCommunity ForumCommunity ClassifiedsBusinesses in MyrtletownWhere is Myrtletown?Free Wifi Hotspot
How to login?Close
If you have never logged in before, simply enter your name and email address and an account will be created for you with that information. Once your account is created, an email will be sent to you with further details.
Privacy PolicyClose
The email address you provide to Myrtletown.net when you register a new account will not be sold or shared with any 3rd party organization or entity. We may occasionally use your email address to send you important notices regarding the Myrtletown.net website or your account with Myrtletown.net. Your name will be visible on the Myrtletown.net web site, but your email address will always be hidden to other users and readers of the site.
Processing...
blabla
Create a New TopicClick and drag to move this box HelpClose

Bold  Italic  Underlined    Smiley    Link    Help    New blog entry.
SmilesClose
Error Close

Insert a linkClose

How to use the buttons?Close
To use the different text styles, highlight the text that you wish to make bold, italic, or underlined then click on the appropriate button. Or, click on a text style button and begin to type. When you want to return to normal text, click the button again.

Click on the smiley face to see a list of emoticons that you can insert into your message.

To insert a link, press the www button. You will be asked to type in the web address and the text you want to appear underlined. Or, just highlight the text you want to be a link and click the www button. A menu will appear for you to enter in the address.
Delete Message Close

Are you sure you want to delete this message?

Message Flagged! Close

HealthSPORT Eureka Breaks Ground

Post a comment on this thread   Go back to previous page
Click to flag this message as spam, offensive, illegal, etc.
date posted: Apr 18, 2008 14:37:51 Reply Blog entry Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Click to see darsh's details.
Myrtletown is growing!

After two years of hard work and planning, HealthSPORT is finally ready to begin construction on its Eureka location - 3441 Pennsylvania Ave. at Myrtle, right behind Eureka Floor in that big open field.

Yes that's right, Myrtletown is finally getting a fitness center, and it will even have a pool!

Read the rest of this story...

I Myrtletown

date posted: Apr 18, 2008 14:39:04 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
About 40 people were at the groundbreaking ceremony where HealthSPORT founder and CEO Susan Jannson officially broke ground alongside her partners and associates in the open field. It was an exciting moment in Myrtletown history, not only because this development finally makes use of all that prime real estate, but also because it represents a major turning point for Myrtletown, promising to bring growth and prospoerity to our modest community.

The new HealthSPORT is being built on property that is zoned both commercial and residential, so the plan also includes a dozen or so townhouses to be located behind the fitness center. Most of the lots on Myrtle Avenue are zoned this way, which is why we have so many businesses operating out of residential-looking buildings.

According to the March 6, 2008 Humboldt County Planning Commission meeting minutes, we will see stoplights at the intersection of Myrtle Ave. and Pennsylvania by the time the new development is complete, and there may eventually be additional traffic signals at Myrtle & Hubbard and Moore & Pennsylvania, depending on how much traffic is generated from the other major Myrtletown housing development about to take place on Moore Ave.

So Myrtletown readers, what do you think about this project? Is the increase in traffic still a concern, or do you think new traffic signals will mitigate that issue? How do you feel about Myrtletown growth in general?

I Myrtletown
date posted: Apr 18, 2008 14:45:53 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Oh and I forgot to mention that everyone at the event received one of these:

I Myrtletown
date posted: Apr 19, 2008 6:27:49 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
Lawrence LaBranche
Lawrence LaBranche
Click to see Lawrence LaBranche's details.
I guess you can say you got the scoop on the actual ground breaking. I got the preground breaking story

date posted: Apr 19, 2008 8:20:46 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
darsh
darsh
Lawrence, indeed, I actually found out about this from your blog. Thanks for publishing that info! Had to email HealthSPORT directly to get the exact time, but I don't think I would have heard about it if you hadn't posted the date a few days back. Thanks!

I Myrtletown
date posted: Apr 20, 2008 10:25:19 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
michele
michele
Click to see michele's details.
I, for one, am excited about the growth in Myrtletown! I think that the addition of HealthSport makes Myrtletown more of a destination, which will lead to other businesses moving into the area.

More housing means more products and choices at Myrtle Market...and who knows what other goods and services will be within walking distance before we know it.

Now all we need is a Farmer's Market!

Down-to-earth ways to save time, money, and the planet. The Green Baby Guide
date posted: Apr 27, 2008 7:15:58 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
Fred Mangels
Fred Mangels
Click to see Fred Mangels's details.
I'll have to say I don't know that I like it, having been an Myrtletown fan for decades now and living there for four years in the early '80s. I kinda liked that old empty lot. Now that one guy's gonna have to find some place else to run his dog.

date posted: May 26, 2008 11:56:09 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
Carson Park Ranger
Carson Park Ranger
Click to see Carson Park Ranger's details.
I expect you folks over there to start looking more fit.

date posted: Jun 20, 2008 10:32:26 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
Not Registered
Not Registered
Click to see Not Registered's details.
I've lived in Myrtletown for 6 years and have noticed a definite and dramatic increase in traffic on Myrtle over the past 2 years. A couple of traffic lights are not the answer to dealing with this I'm afraid. In fact, I believe the lights will constipate Myrtle Ave. even more than it currently is. Not sure what the answer is but I hope there is more thought put into the solution before traffic lights are installed. Myrtletown residents need to be intimately involved in the public meetings and scoping sessions related to this new development if we want smart solutions. Don't let officials and others, who may not have the first-hand experience with growing pains in Myrtletown, make decisions without our feedback. Please attend public meetings, write letters and make yourselves be heard!

I am the default unregistered user account. Yay!
date posted: Jan 03, 2009 0:35:35 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
Charlie
Charlie
Click to see Charlie's details.
I think this is a great addition to the area. I hope the public transportation system sees the value in adding more conveniet routes to the area as well!

date posted: Jan 06, 2009 19:26:26 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
larry
larry
Click to see larry's details.
Great to be invited back to this subject.....
I have lived in Myrletown since 1971. I was one of those guys out on the vacant lot with his dog...anyway I have this idea that could "mitigate" part of the traffic concerns with Health Sport. they could simply insist that their members either walk or jog or ride a skate board or a bike or roller skates or whatever else beside automobiles...they will still need crosswalks and lights etc. but couldn't hurt more than help everyone

date posted: Oct 06, 2009 6:22:42 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate
davidshawn9
davidshawn9
Click to see davidshawn9's details.
That's a great new for the town. What took it so long.

davidshawn9
http://simulationpretimmobilier.net/simulation-pret-immobilier/simulation-pret

date posted: Jun 11, 2011 0:39:53 Reply Flag this comment as Spam or Inappropriate

Click to see 's details.
Great to see that. Hope that Turtle Town will get bigger and more successful.
Pure Point Golf Swing | Rockwell Jawhorse

Post a comment on this thread   Go back to previous page